30 has always had seemed really old… (sorry to those who I have now offended, but it is the true) but this morning I woke up next to a 30year old.. and it surprised me… not the person I was next to, that was just Davo and he was supposed to be there… but now as of today he is 30 and all of a sudden, we have become fully fledged adults. Seriously, you can’t be 30 and still a kid… and while Dave has always been much older than me, at least in maturity… 30 just sounds different. It sounds legit… So I thought I would use today to celebrate all that is Davo and tell you 30things I love about him…. coz 30 is a big deal…
- Dave is loving
- Dave is serious and sensible
- Dave is supportive
- Dave is fun
- Dave is clever
- Dave is reliable
- Dave is kind
- Dave is a servant
- Dave is humble
- Dave is hilarious
- Dave is trustworthy
- Dave is wise beyond his years
- Dave is romantic
- Dave is a builder
- Dave sounds good on every instrument he picks up
- Dave can do anything
- Dave is handsome… very handsome… I mean seriously take a look at him… what a spunk!
- Dave is trendy
- Dave is unique
- Dave is a great housewife
- Dave is diligent
- Dave is caring
- Dave is in love with Jesus
- Dave is loved by all who meet him
- Dave is encouraging
- Dave is just generally super
- Dave is generous
- Dave is committed
- Dave secretly loves to dress up, not the fancy dress kind, but he likes to dress to the occasion… enter his Oz green jacket, or his black and red les mis outfits.
- Dave is hard working… so hardworking he is working tonight on his 30th birthday, doing something he loves it has been really nice to watch him in his element conducting, guiding and encouraging his students as they performed Oz. All without even mentioning his sacrifice because that’s just who he is.
I know that I have said this to many people, on many different occasions, but I feel like now is a good time to say it again. Shout it from the mountain top of the blogosphere so to speak. But my life is blessed because Dave is a part of it and I love him more than anything in this world. I have loved him since I first met him and I will love him forever… even when he is actually old (as in way older than 30). He is a champion, a superstar and my prince charming. I have never met anyone like him before and I am not sure I got so lucky to have him by my side for the rest of my life. Thank you Dave for everything that you do, including all the things you don’t think I notice or care about. You make my life wonderful! I love you.
Just like every year, this year is flying and without really any warning at all we have reached July… which is the halfway point… so what better time to do a quick list update. I think the list is actually traveling along quite nicely… but I will let you decide for yourself. Like always, those list tasks that already have a blog or a picture of their own have a hyperlink, so you can go back a read all about it… but I have included the ‘official’ list picture too, just for some fun. Oh and any that have been completed but seemingly flown under the radar you can read about here…. ok, here we go halftime update.
Eat something I have planted – completed: 27/01/15
The veggie patch is still going strong, although I think we have enough chillies to last a life time.
Go to two weddings – completed: 21/02/15
(wedding 1, wedding 2)
Two beautiful weddings I might add, the first our friends Ben and Annie and the second my Mums.
Work as a classroom teacher – completed: 13/03/15
Yep it’s happening, at the moment it is just emergency relief teaching, but it is teaching in a classroom all the same.
Do some trivia – completed: 17/01/15
Ok so it wasn’t quite the trivia I had in mind, but there were several rounds of buzz and it is a trivia game, so it is off the list.
Ride a rollercoaster – completed: 09/04/14
Winner birthday inclusion from 1 Dave George! It may have just been the scenic railway at Lunar Park, but its a coaster of sorts and was enough fun to warrant crossing this off the list.
See a movie at the drive-in – completed: 14/02/15
What better way to celebrate valentines day than at the drive-in? There is none, seriously I don’t the drive-in will ever go out of fashion
Go to the beach at least 5 times – completed: 26/01/15
Split over 2 countries in the once summer means 5 different beautiful beaches.
37. Make a playlist for each season
Well we are now into our third season this year… so two playlists are done.
– Burn Like a Star – Rend Collective
– My Lighthouse – Rend Collective
– Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
– Style – Taylor Swift
– Out Of The Woods – Taylor Swift
– Blank Space – Taylor Swift
– Welcome To New York – Taylor Swift
– I Am Australian – Travis Collins
– Uptown Funk (feat. Bruno Mars) – Mark Ronson
– Ever Be – Bethel Music
– American Honey – Lady Antebellum
– Forever – Bethel Music
– Wasn’t Expecting That – Jamie Lawson
– Trouble (feat. Jennifer Hudson) – Iggy Azalea
– Shut Up and Dance – Walk the Moon
– Sexual Healing – Hot 8 Brass Band
– Marvin Gaye (feat. Meghan Trainor) – Charlie Puth
– You’re The Voice – John Farnham
– How Can We Be Lovers – Michael Bolton
Knit a scarf – completed: 30/05/15
Hand knitted… as in… with my hands… as the knitting needles… and it turned out ok…. but took a lot longer than the 30 minutes the YouTube I watched told me it would.
Read a book on a subject you wouldn’t normally choose – completed: 08/06/15
This year I have been part of a new bookclub… which I mention breifly here… and I love it, I have read 3 books now that I probably would never have read without prompting and one I chose. 2 of the 3 were books that I would have read if recommended to me, but probably would other wise not come across and one was completely not on my raider. I had heard of it… mostly because it’s title is my name… but it was in a genre that I just never really got into. I think probably because I found them more challenging to read, and couldn’t do it as a little mind escape… it took effort. But May’s bookclub book… which turned out would also become June’s as well was Emma by Jane Austen, a classic. And even though I would have never chosen it myself… I am glad Kirsten did, because it does share my name and once I got used to the style of writing I actually loved it. So time well spent and no. 45 off the list.
Learn something in sign language – completed: 08/06/15
So I have always had a fascination with Auslan and how incredible it is… so I popped learning some of it on my list this year. Conveniently one of my besties recently did an Auslan course and shared some of her knowledge with me… and we made a little video. Click the link to check it out.
Eat a Feijoa – completed: 15/04/15
Delicious and sweet… I really don’t understand why these don’t take off here. Seriously they are delicious
See a Musical – completed: 07/02/15
January date night at Once with Davo. Quite different to the musicals I usually go to, but still a winner, let’s face it musicals usually are.
71. Read 15 books
Ok so it isn’t quite completed yet, but it is on it’s way… I’ve read 10 so far, 5 to go, but here are the ones I’ve read to date:
- The Storyteller – Jodi Picoult (finished 26/01/15)
- Still Alice – Lisa Genova (finished 09/02/15)
- Leaving Time – Jodi Picoult (Finished 22/02/15)
- Wild – Cheryl Strayed (21/03/15)
- Divergent – Veronica Roth (02/04/15)
- Child 44 – Tom Rob Smith (10/04/15)
- Useful – Debra Oswald (05/05/15)
- Emma – Jane Austen (08/06/15)
- The Burnt House – Faye Kellerman (18/06/15)
- If I Stay – Gayle Foreman (25/06/15)
Have a mocktail – completed: 17/02/15
Thanks to a fun hen’s night for my mum this is now off the list!
See Big Hero6 – completed: 30/05/15
We didn’t see it on the big screen like I thought we would, but we did see it in the comfort of our lounge and it was wonderful as all disney movies are… seriously I can’t think of an animated dud.
Do some colouring – completed: 08/05/15
Apparently adult colouring is a thing now… just another thing that I seems to have been into before it was cool… so much before that I was uncool… but now I can embrace it… seriously embrace it because its a thing… a real anti-stress thing.
Have High Tea – completed: 07/02/15
Celebrating mum as a bride to be also meant that we got to have high tea, and as all high teas are it was beautiful and delicious.
Do something handy at home – completed: 14/02/15
Now that we have our own home we can change it whenever we want… so at the moment we are preparing the backyard for a deck, so far I have drilled, hammer, shoveled and use some power tools I don’t actually know the name off, but it is fun… and you’ll get to see some pictures when it is done.